Thursday 30 January 2014

Digital Literacy & Me



I found creating the podcast to be a great exercise. It was amazing to reflect back on my life and see just how digital technology became engrained and intertwined within it. Our ability to read, write, and publish has drastically changed in the last twenty years and one can only imagine what it will be like in another twenty years, let alone in the next few.

The freedom of expression and the creativeness that new media affords is something that resonates with me. I’m big fan of remix and mashable culture and being able tie other people ideas with my own to create something that is new and refreshing is enjoyable. I struggled with narrating the podcast a bit but I managed to work my way through after several attempts. Overall, I found working on the podcast to be a great experience, however as good as technology can be, it can still be super frustrating to work with. One would think that different computers and programs could by now be able to work seamlessly together…. well, that’s still not the case and was cause for some concern while working the project.

3 comments:

  1. Jonathan - brilliant video and great narrative - you did a really great job (I admire how willingly you jumped right into video production - my head almost exploded just trying to record my voice on my iphone)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonathan,
    I really enjoyed your presentation. Great story with lots of detail and images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great combination of video/ podcast Jonathan, something I may try in the future, well done. I especially enjoyed the video in a video introduction you did.

    ReplyDelete