Wednesday 29 January 2014

Digital Literacy & Me


The Evolution of the "Selfie"

by: Lenie Lucci



This was my first time creating a podcast! I have to say, I was a bit nervous at first, but Audioboo made it really easy. That said, I hate watching or listening to myself, so the actual editing process was a bit painful.

I had a bit of technical difficulty only because I didn't update my flash player on my computer and it made recording right off Audioboo a bit difficult. When it hit me that I could record my podcast off my iphone, I was super excited because I felt more comfortable that way anyway. Then I imported my audio and some free piano music I found online into Adobe premier to edit, and then uploaded that file to Audioboo

Thinking about how to make this an interesting podcast took awhile. I took a very narrative approach to producing my podcast - speaking about how social media provided a new outlet for this very embarrassing selfie addiction, but I think you'll see after listening, that unlike what a lot of scholars think about social media, I don't think Facebook is the culprit behind our infatuations with ourselves in pictures, but rather, we were just waiting for something to come along that would make this existing desire ok.

I hope you all enjoy this honest look at the relationship between social media and the selfie!

listen to ‘Digital Literacy & Me’ on Audioboo

No comments:

Post a Comment